Good morning Knit Friends,
I do not feel like my normal chippery self, but life must go on. I lived most of 2016 with intention. I define intention as action behind words. An example of intention in 2016 is that I went to a library conference and managed to present in two different segments. My confidence in research and having a professional presence both were achieved. I even managed to utilized Twitter at the conference and while watching Super Soul Sunday. That was the biggest surprise when I saw that I was re-twitted.
In 2016, I honored my intention my making a cabled hat. It was scary, but I made it through. It had a good home for a knit friend.
In 2017, I have more knit plans:
- Finish 4 WIPs. One sock, two shawls, one hat,
- Schedule 2 knit sessions for cabling
- Start first sweater by Nora Gaughan called Mohr
- Make 3 socks for me
In non-knitting goals:
- Complete book chapter by providing research and analysis
- Complete research for local symposium conference
- Attend a library conference in August
- Attend a professional football and college basketball game
- Have fun even if things don’t turn out the way I want it to.
- Read 10 books, most are non fiction (the list is at work)
Lastly allow myself to grieve through writing and talking with friends. Listen to music more and allow for silence whenever things become too much. My uncle was like Mr. Miyagi from Karate Kid. He always asked a question when I’d ask him something as a little kid. I can almost hear his voice saying “Do not give up Grasshopper, I’m with you always”.