This weekend was a bust when it came to my attempt to start the WIP KAL/CAL marathon. I went to visit a dear knitting buddy and I swear Jared Flood’s Autumn Leave Stole project has been my Achilles’ heel. Not two, three, but FOUR times I have ripped this project out
In addition to the headache, my first attempt convinced me that I was doing this completely wrong. You can see that the pattern is off by several stitches. I realized that I was doing the SSK wrong. Man…all this time I thought I was doing it right. I got hung up on the 10 stitch repeat.
In other news…my latest food adventure paid off. I love cheese….yeah yeah… So I whipped up some oven baked spaghetti. This is definitely something that I will do again. Too bad none of my friends live closer because I had a lot to share.
I found an ‘oven-baked spaghetti’ recipe online and modified it to include:
1 lb ground turkey
1 pack of Lipton onion mix
1 green bell pepper
16 ounce ricotta cheese
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups of Kraft monzarella cheese blend (Romano, Asiago, Monzarella, Parmesan)
24 ounce Bertolli spaghetti sauce (tomato & basil)
16 ounce spaghetti noodles (cooked)
- Boil spaghetti noodles
- In one mixing bowl, scramble 2 eggs with 1 cup of mozzarella blended cheese
- Saute bell pepper and onions until translucent, cook ground turkey and then add bell pepper, onions, and spaghetti sauce
- Drain spaghetti noodles, add to cheese/egg mixture. Coat noodles completely.
- Layer (2 quart casserole dish)- start with adding half noodles, add half of ricotta cheese; add meat mixture. Add 2nd half of noodles and top with ricotta.
- Baked covered at 350 degrees for 40 mins. Uncover add shredded cheddar cheese for 30 mins. or until browned as desired.
- Let stand for 10 minutes to cool. Slice to serve.